Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rambling on 4th March, 2010

So, the torturous time known as exams period has finally come to a close. And within this one week of 'holidays', I have planned a week's worth of fulfillment and entertainment with my friends, and of course, my family.

Reporting on my exams first - (I'm continuing from last week)

Paper 5 - I had mental constipation and was unable to bullshit through the paper. Oh well....

Paper 6 - WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!!      RANT: THEY GAVE US A GUIDELINE TO FOLLOW, WHICH WAS PRACTICALLY WORTHLESS, SINCE THE MAJOR FOCUS AREA ONLY CAME UP IN MCQ, AND THE MINOR FOCUS AREA, WHICH I BELIEVE NO ONE STUDIED CAME UP AS THE BLOODY #$%^&*()(*&^%$ SHORT ANSWER AND ESSAY QUESTIONS!!! IF YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE GUIDELINES, GIVE THEM RIGHT!!! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME I SPENT STUDYING THE WRONG THINGS.....

Paper 7 - Finally the last paper~~~~ Had not enough time to finish up a few questions, but not too worried, since the 1st question was worth a whooping 48 marks! Yes, you heard me, 48 MARKS OUT OF THE PAPER'S 100!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeee~~~~~~~~~~ But still couldn't finish the paper in time, had a few parts left out..... TT.TT Oh well.......


Now fangirling in the school library alone, since I'm not in the mood to go home yet, and everyone else have plans.......

For this post, I'm bringing back the section on 'what's new?', because I've got a few things to introduce today.


Drama:
 

1. Yamato Nadeshiko Shinchi Henge
I'm just watching the first episode, so I really can't pass judgement, but I like the cast - so far. There Kamenashi, from KAT-TUN, and Takashima Reiko, an actress who caught my interest when I was still watching Atashinchi no Danishi a while back. I've read the manga, watched the anime, so this time I'm really keen to see this.... But I have to admit, my expectations might be a little to high on this... Well, let's see the show and how it develops later on...

Though I personally feel that Kamenashi doesn't really have the look for Takano Kyohei..... But then again, a perfect man is impossible to find, much less 4. And this seems to be the only thing I have against this drama so far...

EDIT: After watching just 1 episode (5parts, approximately 1hr+) I have to say I prefer the manga... it makes much more sense, the drama is too rushed, they jumped to the chapter with Sunako's friend from Hokkaido, and then to the episode on when the landlady returns (round 1). Besides, Sunako is just more pwnsome and epic in the manga.

2. Queen Seok Duk

This is THE drama that has really caught my eye this time. I mean seriously, I'm waking up at 6am to watch it every morning so that i ca make it to school, having watched it... I sacrificed an hour of sleep a day for this drama, and I've got to say, this is seriously worth it.

The storyline might be a little on the cliched, but the cast, and the remaining bits of the story are entertaining still. But, what I don't get is how they can spend years together, sleeping in a camp, and not know that she's a girl?? Or anyone else for that matter, she's stayed in the palace for like what? - 3 years, at least - and they still can't get that she's a girl, or how some actors have to hide behind a tree in the scene, and the tree they use is pathetically skinny. I mean, we know that you're supposed to be hiding, and we need to be able to see you hiding, but I'm sorry to say, if you hide behind a tree that is like a bamboo pole, you're not really considered hiding... It was funny the first few times in A drama, but in EVERY drama?? You've got to be kidding me...

Aside from side very obvious loopholes, the story is funny, heart-wrenching (in some sense) and full of action (there's a WAR scene!).

Anime/Manga:


1. Nadeshiko Club

A lovely read for SHOUJO fans out there. Girl gets dumped, tries her hardest to learn how to be a 'lady' so he'll take her back, meets Home Ec. club, gets them to teach her, and the story goes on from there... but this only applies to the first chapter.... its a lovely romance story, and rather hilarious too.

2. Nuraihyon no Mago
A great SHONEN read, and I really like the art of this one.... It's different as compared to other famous shonen work, like: BLEACH, or Naruto, and blends wonderfully with the story, giving it a somewhat more traditional feel. The storyline is exciting, though as always there are a few plot loopholes, but hey, its not THAT bad. I fully recommend this.

Online Stuff:


1. Rhett and Link - Look them up on youtube
 Their stuff is hilarious, my personal favorites are the 'T-shirt war' and the local advertisement series...



2. Looking for group
Richard is pure awesome, and I really like their stuff, though I don't follow WoW, or Dota, or that sorta stuff.... It's really hilarious, and with the update twice a week, you don't have to wait too long for the next page.

3. Mystery Guitar Man - Look up on youtube
I think it's called 'stop-motion picture' or something of the like. What first caught my attention was the video 'I'm lipsyncing to the song' It's real nice both his version and the link that was attached to his video...

That's all I have to show you people, but I hope that since my monday plans are cancelled, the briefing I'm going to is not desert-dry...


No comments: